Liquid Supplements vs. Gummy Supplements: Which is Better?
As parents, we often worry if our kids are getting all the nutrients they need to stay healthy and grow strong. For this reason, many parents turn to supplements. But it’s difficult to know what supplements are best for our kids. Should you give your child gummy supplements? Or should you give your child liquid supplements? What’s the difference between the two?
How we take in supplements impacts the absorption rate and our overall health – so let’s talk about the difference between liquid supplements and gummy supplements, and which is better.
Are supplements better in liquid or gummy form?
Overall, liquid supplements are better for you and your child than gummies because liquid supplements are better absorbed and more effectively used in the body.
Why are liquid supplements more effective than gummies?
Liquid supplements are better than gummy supplements for several key reasons.
- Liquid supplements absorb faster into the body starting in the mouth and don’t require digestion in the stomach – giving you the maximum amount of nutrients and herbal benefits with a more rapid relief of symptoms.
- Liquid supplements have fewer chemicals and are higher in nutritional & biological value – like Dr. Rydland’s Herbal Formulas, which are crafted with organic and wild-harvested herbs.
- Liquid supplements have flexible dosing so everyone in the family can take them.
- Liquid form is a more natural and effective way since all supplements (gummies, pills, or capsules) are eventually turned into liquid by the body.
- Liquid supplements are easier to consume for adults and children who don’t like swallowing supplements since they can be mixed into other fluids, like water, purees, or juice.
- Liquid supplements don’t look or taste like candy, so you don’t have to worry about your child getting ahold of the bottle and taking all the supplements, which may be hazardous.
Why are gummy supplements less effective than liquid?
You would think gummies are the best way to take supplements because they’re everywhere and kids love them (but this isn’t surprising since they taste and look like candy!). There are several reasons gummy supplements are less effective than liquid supplements.
- Gummy supplements have lower nutritional value because of binders and fillers.
- Gummy supplements are filled with additives like sugar, flavor enhancers, gelatin, and cornstarch.
- Gummy supplements are higher in sugar and calories (and more like candy!).
- Gummy supplements don’t absorb as well since they take longer to break down.
Choose liquid supplements every time for you and your child!
Your child may love those candy gummy supplements, but we encourage our patients and customers to put their child’s health first and leave the sugar for Halloween. When you choose a liquid supplement, you maximize the nutritional and health benefits for you and your child. And you do it with less sugar, additives, and fillers!
Dr. Rydland and KidsWellness produce various wild-crafted, organic herbal liquid supplements the whole family can take to stay healthy. Try Dr. Rydland’s Family Daily Defense to stay well before holiday gatherings. And don’t forget to pack Stomach Pain Colic formula for treating overindulgence at Thanksgiving.
We wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving (and Doc says keep the sugar to a minimum!).